Dr. Mary Welsh, co-founder of Susie Q’s Kids, is an established author, grief support facilitator, college professor, and coach. She has more than twenty years of Business Consulting, HR and Teaching Experience and holds a Doctorate of Management in Executive Leadership, a dual master’s degree in HR and Business Operations Management along with Certification as a Senior Certified Professional (SCP) from the Society of Human Resource Management and as a Senior Professional Human Resources (SPHR) from the Human Resources Certification Institute.
She was named “Executive HR Champion of the Year 2018” by HRO Today and has her own Business and Consulting firm, WBHR Consultants (Call Dr Mary) and enjoys working with businesses as they grow and prosper as well as enlightening the minds of her students.
Dr Mary is President of the Sterling Heights Lions Club, Board Member for the Bereaved Parents of USA Macomb Chapter, Grief Facilitator of New Hope Center for Grief Support, and was named Community Partner of the Year by the American Foundation of Suicide Prevention.
Her passion for helping others along with her desire to honor her daughter, Susie Q, led to the creation of Susie Q’s Kids, Inc. and a legacy to help brighten and inspire the lives of children and young adults in need, “One Comfort Bag at a Time”.
Dr. Mary engages the community and furthers the Susie Q’s Kids mission as:
- Speaker National Alliance of Mental Health, 2022
- Community Partner of the Year American Foundation of Suicide Prevention and Awareness (AFSP), 2021
- Grief Facilitator for New Center Hope for Grief Support, distribute books and bags
- Board Member for Bereaved Parents of USA, Macomb Chapter
- Speaker National Conference Bereaved Parents of USA, 2020, 2021
- Speaker National Conference for Compassionate Friends, 2020, 2021
- Tragedy Assistance Program for Survivors (Military Loss), 2020-present
- President for Sterling Heights Lions Club (Member since 2020)
Dr. Mary education
- Mary possesses a Doctorate In Executive Strategic Leadership from Walsh College
- Named Executive HR Champion of the Year 2018 https://www.hrotoday.com/association/2018-awards-winners/
- Senior Professional HR (SPHR), Senior Certified Professional (SCP)
Dr. Mary continuing education commitment
- Kellogg Foundation Nonprofit Management Program
- UD Mercy Social Entrepreneurship Boost Program
- American Fundraising Professionals (AFP) Mentor/Mentee Program
- act Detroit/Apparatus Cares Mentor/Mentee Program
- UD Nonprofit Day presenter
- Advancing Macomb Member
- Business Networking International (BNI) ongoing training
- Sterling Heights Chamber of Commerce Member (networking and training events)
Dr Mary has her own consulting business and teaches at the university level
- Colorado State University
- Central Michigan University
- DeVry University
- Rivier University